SHOW ME THE MONEY CONFERENCE + FUNDING EXPO
October 9th at UNC-Asheville
October 10th at Lenoir-Rhyne University
October 9th, Session #1 (10:15 – 11:30)
“Financing Your Start-up: Panel”
A high-level discussion of the options that early stage entrepreneurs have when pursuing funding.
- Moderator: Oby Morgan, Capital at Play
- Jill Sparks, Asheville-Buncombe Community College
- Jane Hatley, Self-Help Credit Union
- Dr. Susan Clark Muntean, UNC-Asheville
October 9th, Session #2 (1:15 – 2:30)
“Start-up Loans & Credit Lines: Panel”
A deep-dive review of what applying for a Business Loan requires, compared to a Business Line of Credit. Session will also reference the work required to successfully manage and report on Loans & Credit Lines.
- Moderator: Celeste Collins, OnTrack WNC
- Lacy Cross, Entegra Bank
- Kelly Foster, Mountain Bizworks
- Sandra Dennison, SBTDC
- Zurilma Annuel, Carolina Small Business Development Fund
October 9th, Session #3 (3:15 – 4:30)
“Business Structure and Financial Management: Panel”
A panel discussion around the early stage decisions regarding business structure, cash flow operations, taxation, and overall financial management.
- Ryan Coffield, Van Winkle Law Firm
- Dr. Lisa Fournier, Lenoir Rhyne University
- Tom Mock, Asheville SCORE
October 10th, Intensive Workshop (10:00 – 3:00)
“Start-Up Funding Application Workshop”
Hands on retreat preparing participants for the process of building a Business Plan and then applying for a Start-Up Business loan.